Blocks are customizable modules that make up the sections in your page templates. You can use blocks to add text, images, links, buttons, and more.
Shopify themes have sections and blocks that you can customize. Some sections have fixed block types, which means that you can only choose from the blocks made available to that section by the theme designer. Other sections allow you to select any block, but limit the total number of blocks that you can add to the section. If your section reaches the maximum number of blocks available, then a message displays the limit reached, and the + Add block option is greyed out until an existing block is removed.
Add a block
- From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
- Find the theme that you want to edit, and then click Customize.
- From the dropdown menu, select the template that contains the section that you want to edit.
- Click a section to load the content into the preview window and access the options available to you.
- Click + Add block and select a new block, or click the Search bar to enter a search term.
- Click Save.